The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Greetings from Melbourne

It is always nice to hear from you all. This side of the world is starting to become hetic. I just arrived here from Blairgowrie in the Mornington Pen. It was such a beautiful place I was at and the people treated me well. I still don't believe I cooked breakfast in the end of it all I can now really say I became a short order cook for Brekkie. B esides the cleaning and cleaning of toilets making up the beds in the hostel it was not a bad deal as only 6 hours a day I had to be there the rest of the time was my own. I went to a lot of places met so many people even had invites to stay here in Melbourn at their homes when I left. Today I did all the tourist things had a good look arounde the place set up all my tomorrows activities one is to see the huge dome where the 1956 Olimpacs where held the palyers lockers rooms all that good stuff than off to the zoo. HOpefully will be catching up with a friend from here I met while in Scotland going on the river Yarrow ending with a ghost tour tomorrow night at the Melbourn Gaol (that is how they spell jail). I'm staying at a really nice hostel called the Elephant. I only have one room mate which is nice for a change. The 17th I leave at 4 pm for Auckland NZ. Only 5 days there than onto my next place of work at a 3000 acre cattle ranch which I can't waite to get to. I'[m still planning on going to Broome which is way way away away farther than Darwin. I don't miss all the snow nor the cold weather and Alice I'm learning how to play golf..............not good at it though but having a great time trying. All around here they have trams (we call street cars) that go everywhere. It is really an amazing city unlike Sydney which is way too busy for me. However Sydney is my next destination as I have to see Jason and visit my friend Margaret as well. Just enjoying life and living it. Good to hear from you all.
Phyllis xoxoxoxoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home