The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Monday, February 24, 2003

Last Day of Freedom

Hello all,
Last day of freedom the chickens all leave tonight will be over by 4:30 tomorrow am. 8 trailers wil start arriving around 8 pm tonight to pick up the last about 80,000 birds. Have 4 days to clean out the sheds Saturday I leave for Coolangara in Queensland for a week two days after that I'm on my way to Duabi for 4 days than to London to Boston. It has been an eventful journey. From the brokenhearted downtrodden 2 years ago to now a world of difference. I shall always love this place and a part of me shall remain here. My favourite pick would probably be between Tasmania and Darwin which I did not get to this time but promise Perry I shall be back. The scary coast of Port Arthur to Cradle Mountain in Tasmania having diner with the Bishop with a nun no less in Adalaide to seeing the sea dragons and sea horses in Portsea Victoria, sitting in a posh place of a new friend with an old one overlooking Bondi Beach watching a funeral in the sea from a 5th story building, meeting Charlie Watson and being given a momento from the Rolling Stones, driving over 1000 cattle over the plains in Braidwood, shearing sheep in Bombay, swimming in creeks, riding through the hills and mountains in New Zealand, climbing the harbour bridge in Sydney, crawling through another few church bellfres but most of all meeting new and lasting friends & still sharing with ones met all over the world in the last two previous years. My life could not be any better. It will be good to get back with family and friends but not the cold and snow. I hope to see you David and Soupi and all those lovely people in Thailand again looking forward to it plan on going back to Ireland sometime in the next 4 months for a week anyway with a stop over in the U.K. I have now all my tickets to get back and David if the war starts it's hard to kill an Irishman you know that so no worries as they say here. Keep the e-mails coming will try and get back before I leave Oz. Jude sounds good the beaches in summer of course and Wally start planning the party. Darby I got my money tranferred from my banque in Waterville. Natashia and Luke can't waite to see you it shall be good to be in an English pub again. There has been so many experiences too many to tell here you shall all have to waite to read them in my book. Bye for now keep the e-mails coming.
Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home