The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Saturday, January 17, 2004

What a Beginning

Hello,
At this very moment I'm sitting in Montreal waiting for my flight to Vancouver. Before I arrived here however the trip to the airport was the trip from hell and driver I think escaped trom a crack house. Because I was the only one going to the airport they decided they would send me off in a car so small Stewart Little I think drove. The overweight man never stopped coughing, wipiing his nose, blowing his nose and when either of these were not being done he was picking at it. I asked him as I coverd my face if he had a bad cold "no" was his answer it was the heat blowing in the vehicle he was allergic to. With that he shut off all heat and proceeded to drive like a mad man. My face froze not from the cold. the weaving round trucks if there were 4 lanes on the highway he made another one. I was never so glad to arrive even eairler than expected and alive that was the better one alive. My flight to Montreal had been delayed and delayed and delayed so instead of arriving into MOntreal at 9:00 11:30 was the touch down. I got an upgrade which was even nicer this am so this trip is now looking even better. I did have a surprise about one this am at the hotel (it was a nice one) a small little knock on my door startled me as I was expecting no one. Looking through the peephole I saw a young lady ( a night one) after speaking to her through the door she realized she had the wrong door and def. the wrong client. The little tap tap went immediately to the next door of course I had to open mine to really have a look at her. I really wanted to have a peak at him oh well.

This is the land of the frozen tundra. Snow banks abound here no one sees anyones faces as they are completly covered like Arab women with layers of woolen scarves. I'm sure the next flight shall be interesting. They usually are. As long as I don't meet dumb and dumber on this trip like past ones it will be great.

Enjoy the cold loves -33 here heading for 33+ plus there.

The wanderer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home