The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Greetings From Nairobi

I have no clue who will get this and who won't the internet here has alot to be desired. I arrived late last night my flights were great and the people I sat next to were even better. The flight from Uk to here was a laugh from the minute we started to fly. I've never had a band play upon arrival anywhere. they did here. My taxie fare was payed for by the mates I was on the plane with. Great beginnings. Only thing annoing at almost outside my window is the guy who seems to screach to all good muselims to go to worship. Besides killing myself on the uneven sidewalks here in Narobi and people wanting to touch my blonde hair things are looking good. Been invited to a home here by the plane people for the evening meal. The new best friends are orginally from the UK. While on the plane ride from UK to here these people had gotten about 10 little bottles of wine from the wine trolley and gave them to me for the trip. I haven't room for a needle let alone wine bottles. I'll have to get into all of this later the mind is slipping and want to have a walk about before I leave for supper tonight. Details later. The journey has just begun.

Me and still living on the edge

Lee I hope you get this will try to call you tomorrow if I can. My phone does not work as I did not get roaming charges while at Heathrow.

Mark Did you get my last e-mail?

Emily maybe you can help me with the vodophone thing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home