The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, December 24, 2004

seasons greetings

Hello my free spirited followers and those who are not or wish they were,

Because you haven't received any crazy e-mails is I'm back. Back to the hetic rush of the holidays parties, friends rellies the works. My last days or should say last week in the UK was as good as the first. The usual entertainment on the trains of course was on going even the talent in the underground (subway) was festive for the season. I don't know how these talented musicians have been missed there were even a few rock bands playing great sounds.

Saying good bye to friends is always difficult. Two of my roomates stayed in London for a night who were roomies of mine in Torquay. I had a wonderful Sunday roast in Bristol with dear friends two days before my departure. I went down South the last day in England to participate in a school function with at that time total strangers now a good and lasting friendship. The gentleman who picked me up from the train (won a good card game on that ride with some Welsh women that included me in their game) after the school session was over, took me to his manor. Yes manor. The table seated 40 guests in his formal dining room at first I thought I must be in some type of movie set. The rooms just went on and on. After the question do you live here alone I started to wish I had a fairy godmother who could produce a wand to take off years like alot of them.

I also went out with some Italians I met while staying in London and oh yes a woman from Iran. I have been invited to Sardinia which I think will be a must. Learning English has been a lifetime project so Italian will have to be a quick learn as most on the small island do not speak English.

After bidding Steven goodbye the last morning I in London, I took my last undergournd ride to Paddington railway station for the Heathrow Express. The usual nonsense of happenings at the airport especially this one. It appeared a 1000 people were all in line for my flight. After standing in the winding lines for almost 2 hours my foot which I broke 4 years in Ireland started bothering me. When the annoying people in front of me who seemed blinded as when the line moved forward didn't..................I took my injured foot as now an injury that just happened like yesterday. When the representive of the airline walked past I spoke in hushed tones of my "yesterdays broken foot" and how severe it had become. Immediately up went the rope and off I went to the ticket counter. Only than to be ushered to the Business Lounge to relax until my ride came to fetch me to bring me to the gate at the right time. Flight back was great only the next evening less that 24 h ours later a huge Christmas party I was to attend. The foot did not hurt anymore however I found that not the hangover I had been suffering from but the ill and now just getting over what ever that was.

Needless to say it is always good to sleep in your own bed even if it is only for a short time. This time for a few weeks and I shall be in another plane (not on it as they say in the airlines) I ride in the plane not on it....................... for my next adventures.

Tomorrow will be Christmas and today I am another year younger as the old stuff don't go anymore. The friends all over the world as well as my family and friends here in North American I send blessings to everyone and the healthest of New Years. I have been blessed with the friendships and love received from everyone. My list of people is so big I have to send my e-mails off in three different segs. Thanks again all of you for being who you are and as they say in my heritage an Irish blessing to you all and for now off to 7 o'clock Mass.

Back again in a few weeks.

me

Donna M. Keep the e-mails you never know when I show up again on the train station in Exetor John V. well John I'm glad after the stories I have been told I wan't there........................
Wally I shall be calling you how many more bullets do you think you might find> Wholesome
Mike and Emily Got my phone call Bill and Dale
The Barrys have now moved back to Loggieville Bob has been sick When the snow goes away will see you than.

Stay warm and think tan.

Everyone else gotta go will be thinkiing of you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home