The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

and More Trains

Hello fellow friends, travelers and free spirits

Another train day. I must have an invisible sign I can't see for everyone else that is weird to approach me. I spent most of my day today in training for the suicide lines which I do back home as to their methods used here. I shall be spending another full day learning how they deal with the schools ect. It has been quite a good education and will be sharing it with my fellow people. Tomorrow is another train day traveling to Shewsbury for a local office as well as seeing what ever they have to offer in that vicinity. The days I spent in Cornwall and Devon were amazing. Devon hold the incredible moors that actually "the hounds of the baskervilles" was created upon in the mind of Mr. Doyles Sherlock Holmes. They are exactly what I expected. Creepy, misty the whole works. I plan on going back down there and spending more time there actually a walk I would like to do on the moors. I have another opportunity of going back to Ireland it all depends upon the finances. A ferry ride would be the cheapest from Wales. As to the rest of my trip besides meeting up with great people the countryside is beyond belief. The seaside towns of Cornwall and their well know clotted cream teas I believe put on a few more pounds I don't need at the moment. They are also know for their pasties a pie of sorts filled with fillings of your choice. Being so long in Agriculture going there was up my alley. I'm always interested in sharing farming with any one else of the same. There is just so many places yet to explore always another adventure around the corner. It's nice to see still green grass and flowers so you can judge where I have been so far the winter here is not as bad North America.

Will write again when I get a chance still so many stories to fill in from past experiences like the people in the tubes with all the entertainment they provide while I am figureing out where and what line to take and where to go from there.

Keep the mails on coming.

Wally get my room ready for January will try and call you later on this week

Chris anything on the front line as to what is happening

Everyone else keep on living

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home