The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Monday, November 22, 2004

What a Trip

I should start by beginning a few weeks back when i was to take a train to Plymouth. Before my friends from London called I had planned to go for the weekend to Plymouth. At the last moment actually the day before I was to leave I received a call from Mitch regarding the weekend visit with her and more friends so naturally my plans were cancelled. Sunday am from mitch's flat the news came on regarding the train wreck killling 7 passangers plus the driver 30 seriously injured and all coaches were derailed. A guy parked his car on the rails waiting for the fast speed train heading for Plymouth to kill him as he wanted to die. Enough of the bad stuff I would of been on that train if not for :Mirtch divirting my plans. As ;you all know I just got off a train going to several places for the last 5 days. The first destination was Torquay a great place but the best bit was while waiting for a change of trains in Exetor I met up with two women both wanted to talk with me and the later one asked my as I got off the train in Torquay would I like lunch with her and her husband. Nice...............I did just that and what a lunch. It also involved into the next day of touring the area.............Nice.................The kindness given to me was overwhelming. Not only where these people the good samaritans but the lady who owns the hostel I was to stay in was kind as well. A great invite from her to be with her and her friends to a nice pub for the first evening I was to stay in Torquay. During the meal one of the friends was talking about her last train ride. Yes it was that one going to Plymouth and she was on it. She helped alot of people out through windows until she came to the last passanger who did not wish to move. She found he could not and never would. Again the train came into mind of how it was me that would of been on it to. I make one feel life is to be lived and lived well as we never do know what's next.....Another train story to follow. I left Torquay had to get 2 changes before I was at the last destination which was Penanzance. What a great place and what a hostel cleaner than a hospital. I met up with a new friend from Australia who was in my dorm we went onto St. Ives, Lands End places I can't pronounce. Last night ended with meeting even more new people at a pub which was where the locals went. It was open mike night and what performances. Most of the people live and work on the sea there. I met up with a great guy who owns a boat which myself and Emily where invited on. A few more of his friends came another party broke out and little sleep and back on another train to come back here to London. this trip was the better of all of them as complete entertainment all the way. Trains here have a table between the seats making 2 sitting forward and 2 sitting backwards. A young couple got on the next stop and sat across from me. After awhile it got to the point if they were needing a room and not a train. Across from all this sat two more cuties. I say cuties as they thought they were the most impressive ones on the train attracting attention from everyone. The dress code for them was fish net stockings skirts that it any shorter I would of thought of being at a strip show. The conversations between these two were quite good even so the couple from me took a break to listen. Someones phone behind me kept on ringing the whole way making it feel like being in a bookie joint. Fastest 5 1/2 hours took place.

The next big adventure is heading to Liverpool next week to see another friends friend. The weekend will be spent with more friends from Bristol which we shall be sharing a late late thanksgiving with them (Steven and me)

I have only seen rain here a few times def. not not not snow but will be heading North so who knows.

Keep on the mails people great hearing from you all. Until the next wild ride over the horizan checking out of this place and find some food to cook for supper.

The happy traveller

Peg 101 meeting with the National office tomorrow and get some more traiining on the schools. Will keep you informed.

Tinkerbell take down notes

Jude I have thought of doing the same thing as you in Ireland only a different job

Mary S. Good news glad things are ok I shall be home for Christmas

Fr. Marc Have no excuse where I am in London Our Lady of Good voyage is next door to where I live while I'm here in London

Amanda sound good to me what ever date in January you choose and yes I shall be bringing a dish and an over night bag.

Roman Calling PolAND tomorrow

John V never mind the excuses just keep on driving that brown truck Mr. Brown

Children Miss you be home soon

Dar by happy anniversary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home