The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Don't know when I'll be on this again as I leave by train for the bottom of the UK about a 6 hour train ride. My cousin shall have peace again a least for 4 days before my return again to his lovely apt. We however had a great time at the theater last night. Was so good after an appointment I had this am needed to get my head together found out how you work these ticket deals on shows where to go ect. Worked like a plan and this afternoon was off again to another exciting thearter and play with (I can never remember their real names) Mrs Bucket in keeping up appearances from the UK. It was as they say here brilliant and she was almost like what she played in the tv series. Leicister square is where they have all the royals and movie stars when they have the premieres. Tonight it was Tom Hanks in his new movie for Christmas. After the play was over I actually got a good spot to watch all of this except it would of been another 2 hour wait andd remembering I saw Tom Hanks in Rome naw didn't need to see him again. They had put fake snow and sprayed around the trees and made a part of the small park look like the express might be coming thru. I opted instead to find more interesting people on the tube again as I needed to get to the paddington station regarding train times for me tomorrow. I find people over here really in love with their mobiles. It seems everywhere I go no matter what everyone is talking to someone else but no one is there to answer them. The railway stations everyone is fixed on looking up at the boards waiting for them to move as to what platform their train they are waiting for is going to be on. Mind you there are over 20 platforms. Just fixed stares. I hate to tell the grandchildren back home that Santa talks funny here and not there. He even looks different. As to coffee I have never been so happy to bring along with me this time a small folgers instant yes instant. Over here machines take over it sounds like trucks are driving thru while they are making it and only one cup at a time. This froffy stuff arrives smells awfull and the taste sends me off in orbit for at least an hour. I must add, if you want milk make sure you ask for a white one. Regular coffee here does not exist. Not even McDonalds. Speaking of which sometimes when away you forget how good greezy things taste I go to more of them away than at home. HOWEVER I would not change any of this for cold and snow. It is great here every day is a new adventure almost being on Mr. Toads wild ride you never know where you'll end up and where. Keep the e-mails coming........

Just waiting for the next sunrise
]ME

Mary in Philly........I would never forget you absoutely you must come to Boston I will be back in that vicinity someday again. I shall kiss Ireland however in a few weeks when I go back there. Will call you when I get back.

Tinkerbell........I must write all the details

Peg 101.......had a great meeting today in the head office. Learning so much tomorrow will be the same different location like over 200 miles away. Already getting a collection of things to bring back. Spoke with the head head one today from Surry and will be meeting up with her next week. Taking some classes over here. Exciting and learning so much.

Wally..........One of those bedrooms is mine??????????? January???????????

Mary S. Get me a schedule that sounds fantastic.

Roman............I shall be making the call.

Jimmy give Laura my e-mail address wiould like to hear from her

Carole.........good news let me know how it's going

John V........get those dancing shoes on and make sure no tendon problems in those elbows

Children.........I miss you

Paige...........where are you back home in Canada?

Bill & Dale..........have fun be warm now as when you get back you won't

Jude..........Ireland again next year???????????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home