The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, May 14, 2004

Farewell

When I'm seeing planes and alot of them that means only one thing another chapter in the book is finished and onto the next. My phone has been non stop since I have arrived at Heathrow with friends saying good byes. My belief of no such place as far away is true. Wether or not I shall hit the road again late fall is too far away to tell. My last days in the Uk have been wonderful. I have been staying with old friends I've known since the married years (ug) Before my arrival in North Hampton however I spent 2 days in Cambridge as you all know. As usual things seem to happen when I'm around and things did happen. A guy was riding around on a bike stabbing women. Fortunately I was being walked back to my hostel by a nice young man I had met at the Kings Chapell listening to the choir. It happened almost in front of us. Next am I happened to be walking past a building thought I saw smoke coming out of one of the windows when all of a sudden the fire brigrade showed up. Seems there were people trapped up stairs. this is when I decided it was time to leave jumped on the next train back to London and high tailed it North Hampton.

Toronto is the next stop and looking forward to it. Goodbye to all for the last time until the next beginning, Please stay in touch and just keep on living as this is not a rehersal.

God bless

xxxxoooo
me

Emma where are you now? That was good news about your readings wow good on you girl. Don't forget to to go to Canterbury and stay at Kipps Nellie is waiting for you Keep me posted as to your comings and goings. Going Back to OZ in May still?

Helen congrats, happy birthday glad you are doing so well. You never know what will happen in the cards. Keep me posted I have the need to know and I shall do the same.

Anne still trying to open the CD when you do get a chance please send me a copy of the pickture. Looking forward to seeing you again a hello to Tonly the kids and Auusie Tom.

Chris will call your office when I get back and yes he is green with a cap did you see him to?

Mark how many weeks left keep the journel coming my way when you get to Thailand Have you been back to the Bok bar. I'm sure mitch would love to meet u with you there,.

Marylin A will call you when I get to Maine

Mary S. Send me your number again hopefully will see you in Penn. going back to Ireland in the fall

Joan R. What have you got planned for classes this sumer? Send me a phamplet Lots to tell you

Fr. Bob are you going to be in Dumfries or my favourite place for the long weekend? Will probably see you at one of them and to

Bill if I make it for the long weekend will call you and dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home