The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Sunday, March 14, 2004

India a Must

It takes me time to do this as the cast is almost to my finger tips however, yesterday in cochin India was something to remember. A most unusual place with people that always have a smile. I got off the ship in the am a elephant was wondering around the port and people were trying to catch it. The buses have no air conditioning just fans and the bloody fan I had was broke. What you see on tv is real., I took some real close ups of a man playing the whistle to the cobras. They are really nasty things and tried to bite him many times. The buses the locals take are always full with people hanging off them on the outside even. No windows just smjiling faces looking back at you. It was wonderful. We ended up in on a street with anything you could find you wanted at such prices. I don't have room for what I already have. The are many flowers and the fishing nets that were used hundreds of years ago arer still being used today. We went to the fish market with everything laying on the ground outside. Big fish and all types of little fish. Crowded with people and babies. Italy however doesnot win the case with the motor bikes these people go fast and almost pick you off if not careful. Back on board I wnet out onto one of the decks to watch us pull away. Hundreds of people were all on the warf waving good bye to us. It really was a moment in time I shall not forget almost teary. We are now heading for Bombay. Will be into port in the am and again I shall flavour India. So much to tell. Will keep in touch and you as well.

me.

Chris.............Great news and yes I shall send via mail the ports visited here. Get a lonely planet guide at Borders by the mall on India it will give you everything you need. Do you need a good travel agent?

David F. That was something regarding your new friend. Have safe journeys to the Uk. I don'at call anyone as it is almost 5.00 a minute from the ship.

David H. Thanks looking forward in hearding the CD Lot's of Auzzies on this ship.

Joan thanks need the energy

Jude............met a special friend from Nova Scotia not far from you actually...............

Mark..............See you in april

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home