The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, February 13, 2004

Happy Happy Valentine's Day

Greetings again from Bryon Bay,

Back to reality and the best spot to be in Australia. My bus trip to bryon was interesting part way at least. 4 1/2 hours on any bus is too long. I got a window seat hoping to sleep part way when a lovely ederly woman decided to sit next to me. She was in her 80's. Mentioned my big pack as she called my ruck sack, and what was this nomad life like as she lived in a boring retirement home. Our conversation gave me insperation something we all need at times. By the time we arrived to Burlleigh Heads where she was to get off, I almost had her convinced to get on the road and truly be free.

As any backpacker knows you meet someone somewhere and a 1000 miles later you meet up with them again. Walking down the street in Brisbane I heard my name being called and sure enough one of the mates in my hostel in Sydney needed a chat. The people here in Byron at the hostel gave me a welcome back cooked meal the likes nonething like it.

People that I have met in the dorms I've stayed in are from all walks of life all ages but one family. Accountans, a dentist, a man I just met from Vancouver decided to leave his advertising agency and backpack with his daughter and now doesn't want to leave this life style. The burn out of life sometimes takes someone to leave all behind and start over by finding out who and what you really are.

I spent the day yesterday at the beach with one of my roomates from the UK an 18 year old no less just watching the waves churn the nasty sea weed from the north winds After moving down aways it was a bit cleaner however the blue bottles were ( a nasty jelly fish with a long blue tenticle) there. I finally ran out of luck as I got stung by one it hurts for awhile and after my trip to town this am got some vinegar I'll put in my day pack so they can sting all they want now as vinegar takes away the bite.

Last night again another wine and cheese party as one of the Kiwi's was leaving had been away from New Zealand for 5 months just here in Bryon. It is amazing the conversations being shared and to look and think that back home it could be this way is not reality. The 18 year olds are not different from the 50's or even 60's as everyone is together and away and really hang out with each other. Sound odd? I was even invited to go to the beach this am in another part of town by young people which I had to say no to as a friend I met from here in Bryon is picking me up and bringing me to her home. She is a massage therapist has her business there and I being a reiki master we are going to swap our talents. A dinner after that before coming back to the hostel is today's plan. I know tonight a band is playing at the beach house so will with who knows how many will be traveling into town for that.

There are too many experiences to share that happen on a daily basis in this lifestyle. People drift in and out mostly but there are some that stay. No one is running from anything anymore but slowly walking to another place in time. Each day is a lesson learned one being how the soul is ageless.

Be happy and live life.....................

Till the next event

me

Jude..........yes you can do it after you come back from South America you'll be ready for yet another journey hopefully we can cath up somewhere and meet again for yet another part of life. Thanks for the graffic snow picture I'll take the beach thank you

Chris...........let me know the date at 4 pm your time we should talk and I shall call.

Don...........Thanks for the e-mail will pick up meds in Sydney.... Probably will have to be for the UK as well so will use this e-mail for that one to. Darby may need another letter if so she will be in touch.

Dave have you broken fingers?

Elke might take the ferry over to Holland if can't get a cheap flight. Will let you know. Any work I might be able to do in Holland? You know how gifted I am ha ha.......... See you sometime probably in May

Mark..............dance on tables? You need a change give up the professional life like you said. That you can catch up with later on

Fr. Mark want a swap in Oz? Great little church here in Bryon.................... Good golf courses as well





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home