The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Long Long Time

Good d'y mates,

I still have this bloody plaster on my left arm so makes this rather difficult to do this. However, it has not slowed me down a bit as I still ride, dance, drink, and chase men rather efficiently. I left everyone off in India Cochin I believe. Bombay was really the eye opener however. I took a trip that was so restricted I don't know if or not I really wanted to see what I did. The whole ball of wax involved seeing parts of Bombay even people that live there don't tread too lightly. People were having there hair cuts on the street, people just laying there, naked children, but the worst was when we came upon the scared waters surrounded by many many tiers of steps. This is where the dead are burned. Wow what an experience that was. I have taken pictures of all this. They even have donkeys with carts in the am taking out the waste from toilets in peoples houses for dumping. My God it was awful. Cows are everywhere and the people all feed them before they feed themselves as they are so scared. You are dodging the cow doodles everywhere you walk. After that it just seemd countries melted into one another. We were in Omen after I believe. Went to Jobs tomb there went with some people on the ship where we hired a taxie and he took us to places I also have pictures you wohn't believe. One in point was their meat market. Mind you we were the only white people there. They looking at us and us looking in return. Mostly at their guns by their sides either laying down or standing by their shoulders. The meat was all out on the gournd on a piece of cardboard. Unbelievable. As we wondered along came the cows heads that had been cut off. Fish guts, flies, fish not too good looking and smelling worse were aobut as well. One man wanted my silver bracellet and was willing to go after me for it. One of the guys I was with fortunately was bigger than him so that ended that. Other countries all had their greatness as well as parts which I shall always remember. Turkey was most interesting as well as Rhodes. If I was to pick the best place was Jorden as we went into Peitra the lost city. The most amazing place I have ever been to. As you that know me I ride. I see a horse I'm on it. Cast and all. I had a funny experience in Petra as you could ride so far into the canyon for 3.00 American money. After 4 turns of back and forth I finally met an Arab man who was dressed like he was in a play. His horse was quite active, beautiful a full Arabian cuffing the ground and snorting at the wind. We carried on a great conversation regarding horses ect. he offered me his horse for a ride which I took followed his instructions and went up a large hill type thing until \I came to a bluff. Overlooking the people who were walking down to petra mind you. I had on Arab head gear which is another story but looked I suppose from a distance I could look like an arab. People started taking pictures as I stood up there on the horse. Soon I was waving the queens wave back at them. It was not until days later someone I knew on the ship was sharing photos of Petea and guess what...They had taken a picture of me. I had many laughs on the trip. Dubrovnick I would go to again. There is not too much left of the bombings of a few years ago. A completly walled city it was with fab. people. Croatia I would have to say was my favourite. Other prots in Greece where nice and by the time we arrived in Venice and it was over was very sad for all. Many many people from Australia to Canada i have met will always be rememberd. I will be meeting up with 2 backpackers also on the ship. One from Oz which I shall be seeing in Dorset the other from California will be there as well.

At present I am in England heading from Canterbury to France in the next few days. From there I have Dorset and Bristol than on the 19th an 8 day backpack trip through Wales. AFter that I may be going to London before I leave for Ireland to see my friend Lisa in Sligo.

The people and the memories shall forever be embedded in my mind. I t is hard somehow to believe the life I almost missed really happened and still is. The friends all over the world have become a part of me as well as I a part of them. Life really is precious and should be lived to the fullest and I'm far from missing any of it my friends.

Keep on e-mailing guys good to hear from you.

May the sun shine on all your faces................

Me

Joe L. So good to talk with you. Stay alive till I get to Maine and see you both. Miss you dearly

Chris Anything you need from Ireland besides a blessing?

Russ and Jim stay home so I can talk with you

Mark need your number in London will be seeing another friend Micheile hopefully will be seeing you as well.

Elke I have lost Matt Matt's number give me yours so I can call you for arrangements in Holland.

Bill M HOpefully will see you on the long weekend. Keep me in touch with the goings on as to arrangements for the commital service.

Bob & Marg hopefully will be for dinner on the long weekend.

Everyone else do take care and keep me informed of the goings and comings in your

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home