The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, November 05, 2004

On the Road Again

Hello fellow travellers and wish to be's

Back in England again. Well for a short time. Just got an invite from some friends over here to go with them to South Africa depends on how many air miles. Doing the London thing only on alot of walks. A group thing where you almost don't walk you run. Have as usual had some amazing experiences. Westminster was closed the last time I was here in London so made a trip to really see it this time inside. After stayed on for the evening song with the choir and organ. Powerful stuff. The organ made things almost move. The coffin of Diana came into mind as I sat there last night as the position I was in was almost the place where she was last in the Abbey. Staring motionless statues abounded while the choir gave off sounds echoing throughout. No one moved during this except for the usual church kneelings ect. I left feeling weightless. To think I shall be here during the Christmas caroles season.

As to the walks for 4 pounds you go on walks with guides that make things come alive. I have already done 3 of them. they average 2 to 3 miles taking in about 2 hours. Most of the guides are or have been on the stage so the drama is real. sometimes too real. A pub crawl after the Abbey last night was great. It just finished off the day nicely. I'm learning the underground (tube) which can be confusing at times. At the moment I'm staying in Kenningston with my cousin who has been transfered over here till January. Makes it nice to have a base to come and go from including a kitchen and of all things a washer and dryer. Very good for a backpacker I don't have to wear my outer clothes as long as possible.

The weekend is already a full dance card. Have heard from friends going to a Rugy game tomorrow in Wales celebrating Guy Fawkes night this evening with the same group and Sunday will def. have to recoup. Steven my cousin is looking forward to meeting my friends he'll never be the same after this trust me.

Heading now for Kenningston Palace and than another walk this afternoon along the Thames River. Will be in Belgium and Holland in about another week to visit more friends and see this part of the world I haven't yet.

A werido just sat next to me in this internet cafe so gotta go. Till the next time live the life and enjoy every moment...........

Your free spirited friend

Amanda have you sent off my e-mail address yet to Roman for address in Poland?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home