The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, September 17, 2004

Looks Like London Again

Hello fellow friends and travellers,
Looks good for coming back to London. My cousin has given the invitation and looks like I'll take it in November. Ireland next door will def. be back there as well. My trip back here was quite event full. After four airports and being up almost 12 hours I finally get to my last destination Heathrow Airport the airport from hell. Flight time was to be at 3:00. We finally left at 8:30 that evening. Now you got it. If I hadn't had such a session the night before in Dublin O'Neils at the airport would of known me very well. Actually the plane that I was on just down a few more gates was the one that was to leave at the same time as we did to the same destination. We flew into Boston 5 minutes apart from one another. Astounding......

My last few nights in Dublin were filled with such activities as the Dublin Zoo, local pub with friends and the ghost bus tour. That was fantastic. A double decker bus where the curtains are drawn until you start reaching destinations. The stories and grave yards, old churches all in the dark mind you stumbling over these items such as grave stones is not the best intended things to be doing especially when a full day the following one is to be charged full of activities. I highly recommend this tour and to book early as it sells out quickly. Anne and her daughter Kate were with me of course when this was all taking place. I don't think Anne has gotten over yet the Irish pub I brought her to and left her as well on Sunday night of last. The singing and carrying on at these places is remarkable. Of course it helps to have a few pints while attending these activities.

I haven't quite got what is going to happen with my friend in Canada however if nonething is going to until January than off to London the end of October beginning of November for at least a month anyway. Now I can start all over again with my UK friends getting back to where we left off. Covent Gardens of course is one place to begin with.

The free spirit is still moving within me and have to move onward to new and old destinations. Africa is still not out of the picture. Life does go on and I????? enjoying it to the fullist. Keep up with the news guys still want to hear from you.

Mark you shall have no problem in St. Kilda

Helen glad to hear the good news

Jude still trying to get to you

Wally looking at flights right now

Mary cheap flights back to Philly again did you get my numbers for here? Need yours again

Steven meet your new room mate

Mitch will be good to see you and Steve again

Everyone else

Irish blessings

ME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home