The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Just a Quick One

Had a great day with my friends from Australia I haven't seen since May when I left England. Met up with them last march in Thailand. We went to the Kilkamaine? the famous jail from 200 years ago. Alot of films where made there including one of U-2's songs (one of my favourite groups) it is also where the Easter up rising group where shot as well. Alot of history and an almost a 2 1/2 hour tour. Anne and Kate have never been to Dublin so did one of the bus things as well just had a great day. Going to Phenonix Park tomorrow to the Dublin Zoo. The lion that is still roaring on the MGM films beginning? That lion came from The Dublin Zoo. Don't think he is still roaring although. A party at the Pub with friends of mine from Dublin as in the late afternoon a real Irish pub where tourists don't go. It will be quite the session with singing and real Irish music.

Gotta go as I'm on a ghost bus tonight at 9:30 for 2 hours and need to walk to meet up with my friends and get onto the bus.

Still living on the edge. Blessings from Ireland as they say.

ME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home