The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Saturday, December 10, 2005

heading for "The Congo"

Big meeting tonight for the first leg of this trip. Only 7 people really small group. Going first for the Masi people spend a few nights there and off to see the gorillas in the Congo. Back to Uganda ending here in Narobi Christmas eve just in time for my birthday. Staying out at the camp ground as the mates on this leg will all be there. 1 german, 2 Americans, 2 Ozzies and me after meeting these people tonight for the first time it's a really ok group. New Years is Zanziibar i remember that. The blonde hair is now crammed into the ball cap at least walking around here anyway. One of the people I met at the bar tonight just came back from a safari trip was walking around someplace last night when gun shots were up close being heard. This place is awsome nighttime choose the place your staying for the evening or go out in a big group. The place I'm staying at tonight is flash. Have a room over the pool a TV that really works and hot shower water. For $15.00 American I bought a sim card for Eastern Africa. After Christmas will buy the $5.00 one for the rest of the trip until we get into S. Africa where I'll get yet another number. Looks now like I have a fetish on the damn sim cards. Number here for now anyway is 2570722429724. Will only have the internet a few times a week and after these first 14 days will have some incrediable stories to tell. Everyone keep in touch always good to hear from home as well as the travellers just wish you were all here. As always living the life wether it be in a bar or some other place.

Me

Mark, Lisa this won't be like Frazier Island crew but will be ok.
Carole send me all the details
Emily will deal with vodophone when I get back to the UK thanks anyway
Maggie update on the Christmas party
Lee I'll be seeing you
My wonderful kids miss you
Mary S. Boston upon the return trip
Johnny V any extra packages sent them my way
everyone else keep in touch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home