The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Adventure Begins

So much happening all good of course the new hostel is great only I'm the only female in my dorm with 7 guys with smelly feet from France, Germany, Sweden, Holland, UK. Did a tour yesterday with the winner of the Big Brother here in S./Africa. It involved a day of drinking, brandy, wine, eating cheese chamnpagne the whole lot. After it was over we were all pretty gone. Of course went to ther hostel bar to finish the night off with the new best friends. Cape Town is awsome. I'm not far from Long Street where everything is. I went to a concert the other night in the St. George Cathedral to hear a childrens choir singing German songs of the classics from France. Great night. Going for the weekend to Stellenboch being picked up by a kid that use to work on my farm in Thorndike about 8 or 10 years ago. Sionce been married, going to be with the parents as well. Monday beach day as is tomorrow and tuesday all day adventure hiking, bike riding and of course beach. Wednesday leavingt the hostel gtetting on the baz backpacker bus to start my journey up the coast which will take about a month than going over to Mozimbuque than onto to JoBerg. Running out of time.

ME

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home