The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Beach Day

Got a free ride this am to the beach with the guy who I did the tour the other day with on the wines ect. Really nice of him have figueded out how now to get around Cape Town. The hostel is located at the foot of table mountain. The gardens and pool plus all the other ammities included for the price of 12.00 a night American, you can't beat it. However, one problem. We are close to many things and taxis cost so much money, there is thing called a rikki which is what the locals take to and from work ect. When you see one travelling in the direction you need to go to just put your hand out and whistle they stop of course I get looks as I pile in the already crowded van (I'm a different colour) but for 15 cents I go. People here are great and helpful when one gets sort of lost. Tomorrow of course is the day for Qunitus and his family coming in on Sunday night for another beach day on Monday. The scenery is beautiful everything is so clean the sky always blue and flowers are everywhere. Where I am going on Wednesday is supposed to be the most beautiful scenery in all of South Africa. A few of the mates moved out of the dorm this am going home or travelling on in my absence new ones have moved in have no clue who they are. I have put together things to tell you all about from my trip down to here. Things most unbelievable will do it in another few days. The company I was with on t he overlander also runs overlanders in South America. I may have an opportunity here working for them as a guide. We shall see. For now just enjoying every minute of warm and sunny weather, great people my cooking I'm sick of............. Talk to you all later.

Dom Nice to hear from you will keep the emails coming not to worry.

Carole Keep on with the wine girl will have some with you when I come back

Darby Had to call the banque again today hopefully things are now fixed.

Russ, Jim Will call you from Mossell Bay on Wednesday will get there late in the afternoon will try and stay up to make the calls.

Mary S. Get better

Wally Miss my bedroom there let me know the details on the Terror and of course the friend.
How did the company go????????

Johhn V Why don't you coime here and drive the brown truck?

Everyone else keep on living the life and enjoy every minute of it it's over too soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home