The Many Travels of Mrs Pickles

Look here for tales from the many travels of my friend, Phyllis Bridget Gallagher as she globetrots. I met the dynamic Phyllis on a trip to Ireland in the spring of 2001 and she is still GOING! Bridget, you inspire me to travel more!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bit By Bedbugs

Waiting for the baz bus thought would take the advantage of sending this off as it will be another few days or a week before I get to where their is electricty. The highlights somehow I forget to put in as their is so many things that do happen while on the voyage. At the Away with the Faries hostel we were all in the lounge in front of the fire when a woman carring her baby asked for our help in finding the snake that got into her room. It was quite large have no idea what kind it was and thank God it was not aggressive. Finally got it out the door and into the yard. Today I am getting over the worst mosquito bites I have ever experienced. they are vicious here leaving bigs bumps lumps I look like I have something wrong with my face but than so do the rest of the people as well. Bed bugs are rampant I have been lucky and only had them once over a month ago finally the scabs from that experience are almost gone. Everyone has had them twice that I have travelled with. they do not come from dirty places they are everywhere even in hotels. As soon as I feel a bite I'm out of that bed immediately. The only way to rid them is fumigation which the hostels do quite frequently. Yesterday after coming back from the beach i went into the shower only to find a large water moniter in it. A guy who works here got it out and away that went. A friend I was with in Storms river hostel just walked through the door joining up with my already durch friend and danish guy. This is the world of bonding amazing people I have met so far. A german girl I travelled with awhile back is studying to become a doctor as well as another dutch friend as well. It is not the drunken teen agers traveling.These people all have talents. An Irish guy who is a dentist back in Ireland and his friend a builder. there are accounts, banque managers, marketing specilists even attorneys. They are travelling like myself who are free spirits and have taken time off from their lives to enjoy the freedom backpacking has to offer. I don't think I will ever go back into the cage as the door now is gone. Life could not be better. Until the next time as the baz bus just arrived and I shall be gone again for another adventure. Don't forget pick more daisies and enjoy your lives.

Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home